Friday 30 May 2014

Friday Coaching with Bayside Tri....and other matters!

Tonight I moved from development lane to the inermediate one! So yes my stroke is improving greatly. I can feel it has too. Gone are the days where I would thrash in the water making a big 'S' while pulling back! Now My stroke feels much more smooth, long and relaxed. But I am just not very fast...at the moment I do about 2k an hour.

Coaches Erika and Anna both did the 10k on Monday and were very much part of all that inspired me. Earlier in the day, Anna sent me a link to a 5k in September, But the cut off time is 2hours 20mins. This is faster than I swim at present. Its a challenge. I have just under 4 months to get ready. Both coaches feel I can do it.....so I've entered....!!

The big day for the 5k swim is 21st September 2014.

The drills tonight were exhausting....I had to push myself to keep up with the swimmers in this lane. I did lag behind, but these are my stats for tonight:

Linda has completed a 1700m swim at Gosport Leisure Centre with SWIMTAG

Swim Time: 42min 15sec | Ave Pace: 149.2sec/100m | Ave Stroke Rate: 24strokes/min | Calories: 458 kcal | Ave DPS: 1.65m/stroke

No comments:

Post a Comment