Thursday 29 May 2014

Training at Gosport Leisure Centre

Tonights training was to be at Gosport Leisure Centre...ended up being a disaster from start to finish:
Firstly had to dash back home to get membership card and £1 for locker...arrived after session started but that wouldn't be too much of a worry! Then when changed into swimming costume I realised I didn't have my goggles! Dilemma...I know I wanted to buy a new pair...but I didn't have enough money on me to buy the pair I wanted...£4 might have got me a childs pair of something or other...but not the elite ones I wanted!!

To compromise I swam without goggles and didn't take my swim hat either as I thought I would lose the professional look and be a novice swimmer in the medium lane whilst I resorted to doing breastroke!!

Once in the lane...I started off with front crawl as my new habits are hard to break!...but OMG I couldn't see a thing!! Everything was blurred even the black line! I wasn't going straight, my hair was all over my face.... I couldn't breathe!! What an idiot..!

Changed to breastroke and my this is my stats for my swim:

1400m swim at Gosport Leisure Centre with SWIMTAG

Swim Time: 34min 13sec | Ave Pace: 146.7sec/100m | Ave Stroke Rate: 32strokes/min | Calories: 472 kcal | Ave DPS: 1.24m/stroke


So far the training isn't going too well...and there is also the issue of weight that needs to be lost....another two stone...so at the weekend I will look at my diet...in the meantime, tomorrow is training with Bayside Tri...looking forward to that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment