Thursday 3 July 2014

Back in the SEA!!!

Well it was another scorching hot day...the hottest day of the year so far..! After I finished work and did a few things that I had to do...the sea was beckoning....yes I needed to get in there and swim, swim, swim!!

I didn't get home until 5:30pm and immediately asked if anyone from the Sharks was swimming tonight...and Oliver said he was....! so not time to stop, quickly put swimsuit on and grabbed wetsuit and into the car!! Deborah was there with our new swim hats....couldn't resist a photo....!!


It was rough in the sea, but I must admit that I am no longer worried about being out of my depth, or indeed having waves crashing over me....I powered through them and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. There were four of us in all swimming, but two got out early on and Oliver and I weren't quite sure if we were just stupid or just tough cookies!! We decided then to also go back to shore :) I suppose we must have been in the water about 30 - 45 minutes, but not too sure.

When I got home, I then went for my walk for an hour and immediately after that, it was in the pool. I was going to just do a leisurely swim in front crawl....but someone got in the lane and was hot on my toes....he is a regular there...Mr Splashalot...and swims quite slow..in fact my breaststroke is faster than his front crawl...but today he thought he was on fine form and exhausted himself trying to overtake me but we hit the wall together and of course he was then too slow on the way back...he turned into a bloody nuisance!!!

Anyway....swim tonight:

Linda has completed a 1250m swim at Gosport Leisure Centre with SWIMTAG

Swim Time: 29min 38sec | Ave Pace: 142.3sec/100m | Ave Stroke Rate: 27strokes/min | Calories: 339 kcal | Ave DPS: 1.54m/stroke


Calories eaten today:         1400
Calories used in exercise:  1341

No comments:

Post a Comment