Tuesday 10 June 2014

Another double dip!

Today I went for a spot of sea swimming with The Shack Sharks This group swim regularly at Hillhead most evenings and it's nice to swim with some company. I have always found swimming fairly lonely...as none of my friends swim. Although they are always willing to walk along the beach while I swim...I hasten to add! Usually with a dog or two in tow!

I joined Oliver, Giles and Karen at the beach...it was a bit choppy and rough...I may as well be honest...I didn't enjoy it! It was hard work and tough going! It's funny how things like this knock you back so quickly. More doubts fill your head. now I'm thinking based on this swim and previous sea swims that I won't be able to swim the Bournemouth Pier to Pier... !!

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed being in the sea...it's just the thought that I may not be able to do it that I don't enjoy. My confidence is easily knocked....maybe that's a personality thing!


So to restore my confidence I made a trip to the pool a couple of hours later and I swam for almost an hour without stopping...here are my stats...see I can swim in the pool!!

Linda has completed a 2200m swim at Gosport Leisure Centre with SWIMTAG

Swim Time: 55min 39sec | Ave Pace: 151.8sec/100m | Ave Stroke Rate: 21strokes/min | Calories: 564 kcal | Ave DPS: 1.82m/stroke


Liking that DPS at 1.82m/stroke...that means I do less strokes = less tired :)

No comments:

Post a Comment