Friday 13 June 2014

Friday night coaching with Bayside Tri

I have moved up a lane now...I'm no longer in development...I think my stroke has improved dramatically. When  I think of all those years and those swims I did in breaststroke..I just can't believe that now I hardly ever do anything other than front crawl!! And it's all thank to our Bayside Coach Erika Tavener! But of course along with the new stroke comes other fears..will I still be able to do The Great London Swim in under 40 minutes...I can't sight!!! But i am doing it with a friend for the first time, so I know he will pace me round and I only have to sight him. It's so nice to be doing these swims with a swim buddy...this year I feel that swimming has taken on a new level for me and it is all to do with all the help from my swimming friends and of course the Bayside Tri...:)

this is tonights effort:

Linda has completed a 1000m swim at Gosport Leisure Centre with SWIMTAG

Swim Time: 24min 11sec | Ave Pace: 145.1sec/100m | Ave Stroke Rate: 25strokes/min | Calories: 271 kcal | Ave DPS: 1.60m/stroke


Doesn't look like much...but kick drills don't show up on swimtag..and i think that's because when using the float your arms don't move...maybe lol

Also took a photo of my name on the swimtag board as I was leaving...having been in positions 5 and 3 on previous months..it looks like I am slipping as I am number 8 for May!! Have to work on that this month..I think it's distance by the way! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment