Saturday 21 June 2014

Another swim at Hillhead!

This afternoon, I rushed home from work as the facebook group said they were swimming at 4pm. Today my Grandson Adam was coming to the beach for a swim too.  My neighbour caught me outside and wanted to chat...I didn't want to be rude but I was itching to get into the sea and I didn't want to be late! Eventually after saying a cheery bye on more than three occasions I managed to get indoors and swimming costume on and wetsuit gathered up....it barely has time to dry these days...then flung into a bag along with changing towel and hat and goggles!

My husband drove....but he is soooo slow....well he said it was the traffic, but I was already late and because the sun was shining and the round the island yacht race was taking place, the roads along the beach were jammed. But at last we got there and I jumped out and started pulling on the wetsuit...grabbed the flip flops and went racing down the beach with Adam and I could see in the distance a few orange floats...it was quite a distance!

I set off to catch them up and I could sense how much my confidence in the sea had improved...I thought nothing now of swimming out to meet them. Only a few weeks ago I was still paddling about within my depth. My stroke has improved as well...doing front crawl in the sea feels so natural now.

I caught up with Oliver, Deborah and Jeannie and we did our usual swim to the end of the beach huts and back to the second triangle marker on the beach. It was very warm and the sea had some intermittent cold spots and alos lots of very warm hot spots!!

The weather has been gorgeous and tropical...and I am so lucky to live by the sea! :)


So inviting!

No comments:

Post a Comment