Sunday 29 June 2014

Getting really fit begins!

Yes today is, two weeks before I have my first event at Bournemouth, 9 weeks before I swim the Great London Swim, 11 weeks until I swim at Blenheim Palace and just 12 weeks until the 5k swim at Eton Dorney....time has suddenly become important to me and I feel the panic rising. I want to lose a few more pounds before the 5k swim, in fact I would like to have reached my 100lbs lost goal and also swim 5k.....what an achievemnt that would be!!

To that end I have added an hour a day of walking to my regime. This will also help to strengthen my legs, although you wouldn't think so today! After doing an hour at the steady pace of 3mph my hip is hurting bad and the tablets just aren't touching it...I can't wait for my first swim  so that I can get some relief!!

First swim done...in my new goggles..zoggs predator...oh the feeling of being able to see clearly...I even did some sneaky sighting..but was concentrating on my swimming really...wanted to get some good results! I came home, a bit despondent as I had lost count at 50, so my fate was in the hands of swimtag!!

And wow...I am happy...!

Linda has completed a 2000m swim at Gosport Leisure Centre with SWIMTAG

Swim Time: 51min 14sec | Ave Pace: 153.7sec/100m | Ave Stroke Rate: 25strokes/min | Calories: 518 kcal | Ave DPS: 1.50m/stroke


 For my second swim of the day:

Linda has completed a 2050m swim at Gosport Leisure Centre with SWIMTAG

Swim Time: 54min 32sec | Ave Pace: 159.6sec/100m | Ave Stroke Rate: 25strokes/min | Calories: 531 kcal | Ave DPS: 1.45m/stroke


And in the last few lengths, I was able to sight...albeit half drowning, half sighting...but it's a start I wasn't trying to breathe while looking down the lane...!

Calories eaten today:          1580
Exercise calories burned:   1342

No comments:

Post a Comment